Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sick

As you've no doubt heard, I went home sick today. It seems as though we're dropping like flies in room 310. I encouraged everyone to try and stay healthy today.
I will be off again tomorrow. This time it will be to take my son to two appointments. I am going to do my best to stop by the Family Breakfast first.
In class, we have successfully conquered multiplication. Yeah for us!
In Language, we've moved on from sentences to paragraphs. The students are busy writing one of each of the four different types: descriptive, expository, persuasive, and narrative.
We are also in the midst of a hot election. To better understand the election process, we've been participating in a mock activity. The students have been divided into "political parties" based on their hotdog topping preferences (why have all our social studies lessons been food based?). Some parties are bigger than others and thus have more representatives to send out to the "ridings" at our school. The votes have not all been cast yet but I'll be sure to update you on the winner as soon as all the ballots have been counted and recounted.
Have a great weekend.

No comments: