Monday, November 30, 2015

2015 Let's Get it Started!

This is the dawn of a new school year, and we'd like to get it started with a summary of what's been goin' on!  Before the election we took part in something called the student election, where schools all over the country sign up and  participate. Three classes participated in our school. Then we took about a week and researched who we wanted to vote for. One week later we set up a voting station on our third floor, and through out the day, we went up in pairs to vote! the Liberals and NDP's tied, and we were all hoping that it would result the same in the real world.

Displaying IMG_1289.JPG  Then when Liberals won, we took a class field trip to the swearing in ceremony of Justin Trudeau (which was amazing),  then we were inspired to make our own government. Tiiu is now Prime Minister of our class and we are now our own cabinet ministers! We have Ministers of Environment, Ministers of Social Media, a Minister of Horticultural Arts, Minister of Rodent Affairs, and loads more! Each and every minister has it's own job and responsibilities, like feeding guinea pigs, filing work, reminding Tiiu of birthdays, bringing up the lunch food, writing blog posts, and finding good activities to do with the class.Minister of Forms says: I think the Ministry jobs are good because our room is more organized and everybody likes their jobs. I love my job. I collect the forms that come in like for field trips. I check people off lists. I think it's helping me to talk to everybody because I was only talking to my friends before. The class finds it fun because we got to pick our jobs. We feel like we have our own duties to do every day. We are taking responsibility and initiative as we take ownership over our departments. It's also a benefit to Tiiu, because she has more time freed up to do other things. Secretary to the Prime Minister says: I think the jobs are a good idea. I have to do things that the Prime Minister asks me to do. I wanted this job because I like it when someone is telling me to do stuff instead of having to figure it out on my own. I also get to do different things instead of the same thing everyday.
We're loving our new jobs. This is a great start to a new year and we're looking forward to more!
Displaying IMG_1334.JPG 207 Cabinet Minsters
Canada's Cabinet Ministers

Minister of Forms says: I think the Ministry jobs are good because our room is more organized and everybody likes their jobs. I love my job. I collect the forms that come in like for field trips. I check people off lists. I think it's helping me to talk to everybody because I was only talking to my friends before.
Secretary to the Prime Minister says: I think the jobs are a good idea. I have to do things that the Prime Minister asks me to do. I wanted this job because I like it when someone is telling me to do stuff instead of having to figure it out on my own. I also get to do different things instead of the same thing everyday.





1 comment:

Shauna Pollock said...

League of Awesome Geniuses, you sure live up to your name!

I can tell that you work together, like a league.
You are certainly awesome, look at the amazing things you're doing.
You are geniuses, using your own abilities, skills and interests to make the world a better place.

Thank you so much for sharing these stories. I look forward to following your journey all year!