Boo! Did I scare you? Well, if I didn't, our Haunted House is sure to. After analyzing the data from our Scary Survey, we have decided that we need to create a Haunted School and we also know a variety of methods for successfully scaring our customers. Tomorrow, we will be hammering out all of the finer details and we will begin to build our sets on Wednesday and Thursday. If you are available to help paint on either of those days, please let me know. We will likely be doing a lot of the work on Thursday from 10:30 until 12:10. I also know that we are in need of large cardboard boxes or other large pieces of cardboard. I am going to hit up the furniture store on Churchill but if you have any other sources, please pass them on to me. I will forward you more details of other items we're looking for before the weekend.
We started our new math routine and it seemed to go well on all fronts. The students have math homework in their duotangs from their math teachers and a few of them also have a cursive practice sheet from me. This homework duotang is due on Thursday morning. All students in my class also have a reading response which is due on Friday. We have done the first two in class so that I could model what I was looking for. All students are responding to the third question this week which asks them to make a prediction and to prove that prediction with evidence from the text. I asked them to use a t-table to help them plan. At minimum, I'm looking for an introductory sentence, 2-3 sentences in the body that uses proof from the text, and a conclusion sentence. I have also been stressing to the kids the importance of proofreading.
Carissa Papp, our student teacher from the University of Ottawa, began her practicum today. She will be with us all week and then will go back to the university for a week. After that, she will be with us for five weeks of placement. Welcome Carissa!
If you have any questions regarding the Haunted House, the new math routine, or the homework, please do not hesitate!
ps I am working on solving the email issues. I hope to have it fixed soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment