Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Whew

Wow! That was quite the busy week. Our Haunted House was a great success. It was a long day and the kids did a great job at making each show as scary as the last. I will try and upload the pictures soon. Thank you so much to Matt, Sophia, Lise, Stephanie, Wendy, and Janine for helping us put everything together. Thank you also to all of the donations of boxes and extra props. The kids had a fabulous time.

I'd like to think that things will slow down and get back to a normal pace now but November seems busier than ever. Here are some upcoming dates:

November 10-Play at Summit
November 11-Rememberance Day and Ceremony and the Cenotaph
November 14-PD Day
November 21-Skating at Dulude (10:00 to 10:40)

Our student teacher Carissa will also be back next week for her 5 week placement.

We are wrapping up our unit on Conservation of Energy and Electricity. To do this, we will be having an open book test. Students will be given a worksheet to complete with the aid of the text we've been using in class as well as their notebooks. We will be preparing in class for this exercise.

I haven't received very much feedback on the new math routine of the homework. Please pass on any comments you have for me to my email address.
I am seeing a definite improvement in the reading responses that I have been getting back. Right now I am focusing on the structure of the responses so that the students get used to writing an introduction, a body with a minimum of 2-3 sentences, and a conclusion. I would also like the students to focus on editing their work.

Coming up, we are looking at Properties of and Changes in Matter (grade 5) and Flight (grade6). We will be studying volleyball skills, and persuasive writing.

Keep in touch!

No comments: