Wow! It's been a bit hectic around here to say the least. The dust is beginning to settle and I have finally found a moment to fill you in on some details.
Interviews: Thank you for your responses to my Parent Teacher Interview requests. It will be difficult to fit everyone in at a convenient time. Please know that I am at school most days until 4:00. If it works better to meet on another day or to arrange a phone conference, I am more than willing to make those accomodations. I am keen to meet with everyone and will do what I can.
Project: We have been discussing persuasive writing in LA. To consolidate some of this information, I will be assigning them an "At Home Project" on Monday. In this project, they will be creating a print advertisement persuading the public to make donations to a charitable organization that they believe in. Please look for the project outline on Monday. I will also send you an electronic copy via email. The final product will be due on Wednesday, December 17th. Please let me know if you have any questions once you've read the outline.
Upcoming Dates:
Thursday, December 4: Interviews/Report Cards go home
Friday, December 5: PD Day/Interviews
Friday, December 12: Next Dulude Skating day, 9:20 to 10:00
Wednesday, December 17: School of Rock Holiday concert, Project due
Friday, December 19: Last day of school
Questions to Ask:
What is fanboys?
Do you think students should wear uniforms? Why or why not?
What is Bernoulli's Principle? (grade 6)
How did your E-Fly work? (grade 6)
What do you need to add in order to turn a solid into a liquid? What do you have to take away to turn a gas into a liquid? (grade 5)
Which friend of Tiiu's did you write a letter to and why?
Who is Channel X and what have they asked you to do?
What do contrasting colours have to do with shadow?
No comments:
Post a Comment