I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the fine weather this weekend. Here at school, we are happy to have Will back after he was away last week at the University. Welcome back Will.
In math, we efficiently collected and counted all of the pizza money for the school. Students were able to tally orders and communicated with homerooms about the pizza orders in a kind and orderly fashion. Yay us!
We had a lockdown practice and all of the students sat silently until Megan came to release us.
Today I was able to model the letter writing assignment that I will have the students start soon. I wrote a letter to the class about the novel that we are reading as a read aloud.



When it comes time for them to write their letters, I will have more explicit guidlines for them to follow. I will also be altering the expectations for some students. I was pleased about the conversation that stemmed from my letter about the novel that we are reading. It is a great read so far.
Monday will be our library day. Most kids seem to be enjoying a novel right now which is great.
We are finishing some initial lessons in our Electricity unit. I hope to arrange for some more hands on investigations soon.
Will did a great lesson on disc skills in gym today. We were already able to see an improvement by the end of the lesson.
Please remember to send in toonies for Terry, your Terry Fox permission forms, pledge money for our morning run, and recipes.
It is also important to vote for our snack routine. I will be making a decision based on the results by the end of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment