We have had a productive few days here in 310.
In math, we have had a successful first look at division. I taught them a new method that I like to call Candy Division. So far, most of the students have found success with it. You can see an example here.
In Literacy, Will read a new book called "The Incredible Book Eating Boy". The three words we discussed before reading it were metaphor, voracious, and gluttonous. It's a great book with equally interesting art. We will be doing more work with this book and comparing it to "Thank You Mr. Falker, Thank You".
Students started their letter writing this week. I am looking forward to reading their letters this weekend. After this week, I will assign each student a day where they will have to hand their letters in from now on.
Our Field Day is scheduled for this Friday. As of right now, I only have one volunteer who has to leave our trip early. This is not enough for us to go. Can anyone else volunteer to come? It is calling for rain on Friday and we will make the call on wether or not we are going by the end of the school day tomorrow.
Picture Day is tomorrow. Please get all dolled up!
ps The ticket to get into the classroom tomorrow is a handdrawn picture of a stick person doing the chicken dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment