Friday, November 30, 2012

We did it!

A big thank you to Molly and Christina for all of their hard work for the past four weeks. You will be missed.

Today we found out that most students in room 207 chose Josephine as the most deserving Kiva loan. As soon as we found out, we jumped onto Kiva and loaned her our $100 right away. Josephine promptly went from being 21% towards her goal to 31%! Yay us and yay Josephine. We'll now be following her closely and hope she'll reach her goal. Kiva makes a great gift in the Holiday Season. Check them out here to give Kiva gift cards.

Please take note of the new links I've added to the right. Also look here to see some more student input in the next coming weeks.

The students in 207 spontaneously decided to organize some theme days at Churchill next week. Within 30 minutes, they chose some themes, made some posters, delivered them to each class, and got the word out. Way to be effective!

Monday: School T-Shirt Day (wear your tie-dye or School of Rock shirts)
Tuesday: Crazy Hair or Hat Day
Wednesday: Fancy Shmancy Day
Thursday: Rainbow Day (wear as many colours as you can)
Friday: Pyjama Day

Please remember that Friday is also Arts Electives Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Kiva progect. Not only was it educational, but we were helping someone from a poor country on the other side of the globe! It was a really good memory for me and the minute I got home I donated more money to Josephine!

Anonymous said...

I loved the Kiva progect! Not only was it really educational about persuasive writing, but we were helping someone on the other side of the globe! The moment that I got home, I donated more money to Josephines fund. I loved the feeling of knowing that I helped somebody! -Sarah