Monday, October 6, 2014

Global Read Aloud: Chapter 1

Predictions

Edward will go on a journey. It won't be just any journey. The word "miraculous" tells us that this adventure might be filled with miracles. It might be filled with unexpected things, magical things, or even impossible things.

Edward is stuck up

Here is our proof:

  • Likes to look at his own reflection in the window
  • He has very fine clothes
  • "unsavory" animal that he got his whiskers from tells us that he thinks if it isn't a rabbit it is unsavory or sloppy and not good


Surprised

Some of us thought Edward was going to be a very adventurous rabbit who was excited and loved his owner. Now that we've read the first chapter, we are surprised. He is kind of stuck up and mean.

Edward and his looks

Why do you think they go into such detail about how Edward looks?
-To help us know about the main character
-maybe some details of his looks will be important to the story later on
-the way he looks is so important to his character

So far, we like the book because:

-I'm thinking. The book is already changing my thoughts about how the book is going to go. ~Noah
-I like it because I like the descriptions. It helps to paint a very clear picture in my head. ~Millie
-I also like the descriptions. Particularly the ones about Edward. I like the details. ~Liani
-It is not written like most of the books that I read. ~Marin
-I like how it describes him so much. I want to know more about him. ~Phillip
-I like how you can hear his thoughts and what he thinks of other characters in the book. It makes it funnier and helps you understand Edward better and get to know him. ~Addy and Elinor



17 comments:

Mr.Grant's Class said...

We think that Edward only likes the grandmother because she had him made. We agree that Edward seems to love himself. He is vain. Edward keeps his emotions inside. Edward doesn't like Abiline's mom and dad because they don't think highly of him. Edward likes looking at himself, and likes winter because he can see his reflection in the window longer.

We liked how chapter one explained a lot of details about Edward. Chapter one helped introduce us to each character. We liked the description of what Edward looked like. Chapter one told us what everyone in the family does around the house.

Anonymous said...

It's awesome how many people came.
Jamie

Jamie said...

it's awesome how many people have been on the blog.

Mrs. Shaner said...

I like how you discussed what surprised you and why you like the book.

Pernille Ripp said...

Hello there from Oregon, Wisconsin! I must admit that reading your predictions and thoughts made me sad that I am not reading this book aloud to my 7th grade students. Many of them had already read the book so they chose to do two other ones. I cannot wait to hear what you think about the story!
Best,
Pernille Ripp

Josh D MJGDS said...

Hello! I'm Josh and I like your post. My class is also doing the global read aloud. I think your post is good because it described how the book is and who Edward is. I like how you described Edward's personality. I personally like the book because it is very descriptive.

Eliana M MJGDS said...

Hi Awesome Genuises,

I like how some of you wrote what you liked about the book. My class is on the second chapter of Edward Tulane, and our class has to make a blog post on our own blogs about the book. Our class discussed how in our opinion Edward has a big ego, and he is very proper (with his silk suits, hats with ear holes, etc.). I hope you enjoy the book, I know I am enjoying it so far!

Eliana

Alisa M MJGDS said...

Your blog is great ,it's very creative and descriptive.I really like the way you wrote the blog.

Ava J MJGDS said...

Dear Awesome Geniuses,
I like how at the end, you had all of your students but there thoughts. I also liked how Edward thinks that he is all fancy. So far in the book it seems that Abilene die with out Edward. I love that Edward thinks like he is a real human. Check out my blog and my friends blog at http://mjgds.org/students/avaj/.

Your Friend,
Ava J

Eva G MJGDS said...

Hi Awesome Genuines,
You are right about him have very fine close.

Eva

Moti said...

Dear awesome geniuses,
Just saying but you forgot a peorid in your blog.😀

Eva G MJGDS said...

Hi Awesome Geniuness,
You are right about him having very fine close.

Eva G

Moses J said...

Dear Awesome Geniuses,
Your post is very descriptive. It explained what he was wearing and where his whiskers were. I am in fourth grade.
From, Moses.
P.S We are on chapter 2.

nadav said...

we read 2 chapters of edward Tulane. it was very interesting. I really like that book.

Ariel O Mjgds said...

I agree when you said Edward is stuck up. When you said that you thought Edward was goin to be an adventurous rabbit, I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Tiiu said...

Dear Moti, Thank you for helping us with our missing period. We actually debated that period when we were writing. Some of us thought we needed one there and some of us thought, since it was a list, that we didn't need once. We have since turned it into a bulleted list to be more clear. Thanks for your help!

Moti said...

I Like the book me and your class are reading!