Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Maker Jr

What did you learn from Maker Jr?


  • We learned about electronics and how we use them.
  • I learned that you can use new parts over and over.
  • I learned that it's not only a big machine. You can take it apart and make something new.
  • A lot of electronics are not fixed. They just get thrown out or recycled and you are forced to buy a new one.
  • There is a Maker Space in Ottawa University and it is open to the public and free to visit every Sunday.
  • I learned that if something of yours breaks and you fix it, you can feel really good about yourself.
  • Sometimes it costs more money to fix it than buy a new one.
  • Inside of electronics are lots of cool things including pulleys and gears and parts that look a lot like other things.








Take cover!












1 comment:

S. Whitehead said...

It's great that you can look inside technological things and see how they are made. It's wonderful that you can make new things out of them instead of wasting all that material. I can't wait to see what you made!!