Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the first post for this school year! I hope many of you will check our blog on a weekly basis.
It has been a great start to the year so far. It has been amazing to have such a small class (22!). Hopefully, things will stay the same and we won't be reorganized.
The students and I created a wonderful mission statement. I will try and post it here soon. We started our novel read-a-loud. It is called the Wright 3 and has a lot to do with the work of Frank Lloyd Wright and mysterious codes. We are working on finding the averages of some interesting facts about our class, and we're taking some time to get to know one another.
I am happy to see that almost all of the students have gotten into the routine of reading every night and writing it into their agendas. This is an important routine that will continue throughout the year.
I collected many forms today. Please keep the rest coming.
I am hoping that students can each have a pair of indoor shoes that stay here at school. They should be appropriate for gym (good treads, closed toe, non marking soles). The students will be asked to keep outdoor shoes out in the hallway.
If anyone has any extra boxes of tissue around, we would love a box or two for the classroom.
Thank you for many of the warm welcomes. I hope to meet all of you soon. Please stay tuned for information regarding our class meeting.

No comments: