Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday, January 17, 2011

Here is this week's math homework question.

I gave a group of 5 students 4 submarine sandwiches to share. I gave another group of 4 students 3 submarine sandwiches to share. The students came back and complained that it was not fair. How much did each student in each group get? Which group got more? How do you know?

This question is based on a similar one we solved in class last week. If students have questions, please send them my way. I do not want anyone to be spending exorbitant amounts of time on this. If there are problems, please let me know as soon as possible.

This week we are going to focus on non-fiction articles in Literacy. We are going to look at their text features and how they help us. I will also be reviewing the differences between a summary of an article (need to know information versus nice to know) and how to find the main idea (the big idea that you may have to infer). I will model how to write these two things and they will then get a chance to write their own. Students with SEA equipment can use the Talking Word Processor to complete these two things.

In gym, students have been creating call and respond dance moves. Ask them to show you their progress.

In dance, students have also been skill building in order to create dances that incorporate different levels and that represents big ideas from some of the texts we've been reading.

That's all for now folks. Stay tuned for more!

No comments: