I forgot how invigorating our morning runs were! Not that I ran today but yelling at kids to get going can be equally energizing. I am still missing about five permission forms. Please get them in tomorrow as we will be running for each of these last thirteen mornings.
When we got back in, we started our day with this:
We also watched this:
I had lofty goals about some projects that I still wanted to do with the students. I have made the executive decision to be more realistic. I have presented the students with a choice of a final in-class project.
I have one student doing a poster on a Canadian space invention. One group is getting crafty and wants to make some props and do a live demonstration explaining how we have days and nights and seasons.
A few people are writing their own versions of "Bat Loves the Night". These students are choosing an animal and finding some facts about this animal. They are then changing these facts into prose to create a factual but poetic story.
Most students are choosing "The New Life Convention". For this project, in groups of two, students are "dicovering" new life. They are creating a new animal and proving that it belongs somewhere on the tree of life by discussing the skeletal features, the physical characterisitcs, the habitat, the young, and other interesting facts about their new animal. These students also need to do a dramatic presentation where one member will take on the role of the scientist and the other will take on the role of the animal.
We will work on these projects in class.
This week:
Morning run everyday
Tuesday and Wednesday: health lessons with Ray's class
Conceptual Art: Wednesday
Brochure due, Art Gallery: Thursday
Karate, Musician vist, Lunch Time Monitor: Friday
Tomorrow will be the last day to work on their travel brochures in class. Projects need to be completed at home and handed in Thursday morning.
We will be doing our conceptual art project on Wednesday. All students need to have their materials here for that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment