Thursday, June 14, 2012

Artists

It has been a busy couple of days! They've been a bit of an artistic blur.
Yesterday we finally got cracking on our conceptual art pieces. They are looking amazing.
We started by talking about an invisible art exhibit in London right now. You can read about it here.
We can't wait to share our final pieces with you. I think they will be very powerful when they are all done. So many of the students put a lot of thought into their messages. A big thank you to Lyne for helping us with this.
The art gallery visit was amazing today. Thank you to Peter, Soula, and Birgit for volunteering. The students behaved like Ladies and Gentlemen and I was very proud. I heard so many interesting comments about the art that we saw. Many of the students noticed things and made connections to the conceptual artwork that Lyne shared with us. We even saw a piece of invisible art and a urinal!
Van Gogh was amazing. If you get the chance, I would highly recommend it.
I was once again impressed with how Churchill students set themselves apart from others through their behaviour and their creativity. At lunch, we watched a large group of our students organize themselves in dance and song. Amazing.
Conceptual Art in the making





 Maman and 310
 Churchillians at play
Tomorrow is another busy day with a karate lesson from Julia's parents, a music lesson from a musician friend of mine, and a thank you movie for the lunch time monitoring program.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY MACARENA!
-lukas

Anonymous said...

Haha look at Daphne and I sprawled on the rocks at the back in the last picture!!

~Sage