Friday, December 7, 2012

Keith Haring

Boy do I love this job. Where else could I make it my job to dance to 80s music? Yesterday we learned about Keith Haring the artist. Then, we busted out some 80s music and danced to inspire each other to draw in Keith Haring's simple and fun style. Warning, 80s dancing causes neck pain.


 I am ultra proud of all of you for being such great buddies. Many of the parent volunteers commented on how great you were.












Here is your assignment today:
1. Comment on this piece of Keith Haring art work. Talk about the elements of design and how you feel about this piece of work. As the comments get posted, feel free to comment back to other people (I agree..., I wonder...)

2. When you are done, read through other postings on the blog. Feel free to comment on other postings. Remember to include your name.

3. When you are done, you can check out the links I posted on the right.

50 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that kieth harings work is very creative because he takes real things like a hand and turns
the fingers into people

Anonymous said...

I loved dancing to the 80's music
it was AWESOME!It really got me
in the mood to do some kieth Haring
art!Super fun drawings!

Ella

Anonymous said...

i se alot of lines and colour.it makes me feel happy and fun.


kyra :)

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to do graffiti in the other classrooms ithink itll be relly fun

Gus

dragon.bulzgis@gmail.com


proud member of team of 2nt


statanic ninja bunneis

Anonymous said...

That was an AWESOME experience doing Kieth Haring. It was awesome doing the art work and rocking it out on the dance floor listening to the 80s music.

Sam

Anonymous said...

It's very interesting.I like how that he didn't just you'se realistice drawings but did some things you woundn't see that often.
I love it.

from Austin

Anonymous said...

OMG! It was so fun to dance under 80s music. Plus, it also was fun to draw some picturs. Some of the tequnics Keith used were colour, lines, and shapes. I can't wait to paint some picturs! :]
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Keith Haring's art has lots of line and colour its very exiting and happy! It makes me feel like I want to dance to that 80's music all over again
-Tess

Anonymous said...

That art work looks easy but hard to do the head. In his art work he used simple lines but it takes a long time.
Maya W.

Anonymous said...

ps thought that the dancing was fun



gus



Anonymous said...

it was a very exciting and busy picture! It really made me feel happy and it has very simple nice colours! sarah

Anonymous said...

To Elizabeth I totally agree, I can't wait to paint the pictures!
-Tess

Anonymous said...

I agre Liz.It was fun drawing the pictures.

-Austin

Anonymous said...

The keith haring was so FUN!!!!!
I loved the drawing and when we were rocking out are class room jamming to 80s music I had a lot of FUN!


Kurtis

Anonymous said...

I agree with Austin! You DON'T see things like his art work that often.
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I think that Keith Haring is a creative artist his colours are bright and odd like how the guy is riding the dolpine know thats amazing.


Mathias

Anonymous said...

Toodoo list

1:get 80s music on mp3player

2:finish toodoo list


Gus

Anonymous said...

i realy liked the styleof art we did yesterday. i was actually very suprised that we did it because i have wanted to do that kind of art for a while.

kieran

Anonymous said...

I like the way that Keith Haring does his artwork,it really pops out in so many ways.

Mikaela

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU KEITH HARING!!!! :)

-Austin

Anonymous said...

I think Keith Haring is a very unique artist, his art has very little texture but his art is still fun and energetic. (I also enjoy doing Keith Haring because it gives us an excuse to dance in class!)

Olivia

Anonymous said...

I think keith Haring's art is
really uniqe!I love all the
diffrent colours and diffrent
shapes he uses to creat a scene.
Aspecialy with the dancing people!
I love his art it makes me feel
happy!!!

Ella

Anonymous said...

We should dance more often.

-Austin

Anonymous said...

I like the way Keith Haring does
his artwork,it really pops out in so many ways.

Mikaela

Anonymous said...


Kieth Haring is such an intesting person. For me it really modivates me to work harder at what I put my mind to and to perservere through it and to look at the positive and not the negative.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Tiiu, can we do another code-to-get-into-classroom please?
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun going skating!
But my feet got cold!!!!
Maya V

Anonymous said...

Remind me his hand does the art work?

-Austin

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to do that Elizabeth.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Whats with the creepy robot when you turn on your computer!?!?

Gus

Anonymous said...

Bring it Elizabeth.

Sam

Anonymous said...

I agree with Austin we should do more dancing!
-Tess :) :D :P

Anonymous said...

Wow Sam :|
-Tess

Anonymous said...

Kurtis I agree with you. It was so FUN!!!. I really like the colour he used. Didn't you? Kieran

Anonymous said...

Sam, because it was fun to have a secret code every day! [ Plus, Tiiu can check if people were on the blog]. >:[
-Elizabeth
P.S: Ill bring it, Sam!

Anonymous said...

I agree with austin we should do more 80s dancing.

Sam

Anonymous said...

i think his art is so nice because he has lovely artistic art skills.when we were dancing i really got my grove on.

thank you Tiiu
jalila

Anonymous said...

But that doesn't tell me why Elizabeth.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiiu I know your reading this lol!
Could we actully do more dancing!!!!:D
-Tess

Tiiu said...

Yes Tess. We can do more dancing!

Anonymous said...

Oh well Sam Liz is having fun playing a ninja game. :)
-Tess

Anonymous said...

LOL this so much fun.

Sam

Tiiu said...

If you are reading these comments, stand up and say that you love 207! Tiiu

Anonymous said...

I am having the best time ever!!

Sam

Anonymous said...

I know right Sam!!!
-Tess

Anonymous said...

You have to stand up and say it out loud I love 207

Anonymous said...

I was on the blog on my door step so i was out side and i read tiiu 's comment and she said shout i love207and i didand then some british kids laughed @ me and i wanted to cry but i did'nt want to cry in front of the so i ran in side from brooklyn

Anonymous said...

Is anyone on right now because I want to talk talk talk!!:)

-Austin

Anonymous said...

OMG we have gotten so off topic and now we have 48 comments! Wow one block of la can change a lot!
-Tess

Tiiu said...

Brooklyn, that is both an awesome and sad story. Thank you for shouting it. I'm sorry they laughe at you.