Thursday, May 2, 2013

Things We Do

On Monday I went to a international celebration of WE called We Day. We Day is a world wide celebration of everything good, happy, and awesome for confidence! There are a lot of celebrities who are inspired and interested by We Day like Shawn Desman, My Name is Kay, and Martin Sheen. There are also other inspirational people who gave speeches at We Day. For example there was Molly Burke who is blind and was bullied when she was 14, Frank O'Dea, founder of Second Cup who was raised in the streets but become a very successful man, Spencer West, who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro without legs, and many others. 

If there are two words that I would use to describe EVERYONE at We Day, it would be loud and proud. Proud that you can't buy a ticket for We day, you earn it out of hard work and once you're there, your life is changed by all of the amazing people with even more amazing stories. Loud because you're excited to be there. 

It's a fun and thrilling experience to be in a room full of people who care about others just like you do. If I was to ever get the chance to go to We day again, I would not hesitate to say yes. 

- Sarah T.

No comments: