Before I start to prepare everyone for the big week coming up, let's first reflect on the wonderful performance we were treated with on Friday.

The Brothers Chaffey came in and played for all three of the 5/6 classes. The boys, Matt and Curtis, played a variety of blues, bluegrass, and rock and roll and included some covers and some original songs. They talked about the hard work that it takes to be in a band and play an instrument. They also talked about the music: the stories behind some of the songs, their instruments and how they work, some of the artists that they play, how they write their own songs, and so on. It was awesome. If you are interested in hearing more, their album can be purchased at Retrotown and next door at Fab Gear. I posted their website a couple of days ago and you can check it out for some of their upcoming gigs.

This week is going to be really busy. Here is the scoop:
On Monday, we are going to be welcoming two student teachers to 310. It will be great to have their enthusiasm and energy on our team. I look forward to introducing you to them on the blog.
This week also marks the beginning of our group snack. Please consult the schedule that was emailed to you.
We are going to be busy building the sets for our Haunted Civilizations this week too. I will be posting some specific things that we will be looking for. Please talk to your student about their costume needs. If you'd like to help, drop me a line and I will let you know when we will be working on it. In class, the students will be working on developing their characters more fully through research and an in class writing assignment.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the students' Halloween Brochures this weekend. We have many creative and humourous writers in our class. We will be sharing these brochures with our Reading Buddies on Friday and then I will send them home for sharing.
Their will be a regular homework book this week. Please note that this is the last full week to work on social studies projects. Those of you following the mini deadlines should have your questions formulated and answered. At this point, you are taking those answers and formatting them into a brochure along with adding your pizazz!
On top of all of this, we have our Aviation Overnight! Please remember to check the notice I sent home before packing. We will be meeting at the museum at 6:00 after you eat dinner. Remember that the students will have a lot of gear to bring home with them on Friday. I am looking for a volunteer or two that can help to make lunch on Friday. We will be purchasing hotdogs and juice. Please email me if you can help.
No comments:
Post a Comment