Sunday, October 28, 2007

Boo!

Our Guide Rock teaching us about the love story between high pressure and low pressure

Our student teacher Gavin taking it all in

Wow! What an amazing overnight. I am so proud of everyone in 310 for their behaviour, respect, and for how much fun we had as a team. The programming was awesome and I think everyone learned a lot. Great job everyone!

I took a lot of pictures and will be taking more this week during our haunted house. I'm trying to find a way to share all of these with you in a secure manner. What I am thinking of doing is posting them to the Shutterfly service. This will be a secure place where only the people I invite can browse the pictures. If anyone has any different ideas, or if this is something you are not comfortable with, please contact me and let me know.

Our next team goal is to be successful at scaring the pants off of everyone at our haunted house. To be successful at our goal, we have a lot of hard work ahead of us. So far, we have had a great start with building our sets and some of our costumes. Tomorrow will be our first opportunity at setting things up on the stage and having our first dry run.

As a class, we discussed some of the things that we still need. I have asked the students to bring in anything and everything that they think we can make use of. They should start bringing these things as soon as possible.

Some of these things include:

Indiana Jones type costume accessories (hats, khaki adventure type things)

fake blood

fake cobwebs

costume armour

leather belts



I am also still looking for one last cardboard box large enough for a child to fit into.

Other than that, students are responsible for their own costumes. Please ask them if there are any parts of it that they have yet to secure.


I would love some help on Wednesday. We will definitely need some help first thing Wednesday morning with costumes and makeup. We should be ok for the remainder of the day but you are all welcome to come and get spooked. We will be giving tours for most of the day.

Please remember that this Friday is a PD day. As this is a short week that includes Halloween, our haunted house, and the social studies project due date, I have decided to cancel the homework book for this week. Enjoy the week off!

No comments: