Happy RAK day everyone!
Today marks the launch of our campaign. We have created the buzz with our performance art piece and our beautiful posters (now posted all over the school).
Our RAK cards are printed and ready to be passed around. Before I could hand out a card to each student, I first had to perform a RAK to be passed along with the card. A few weeks ago, we were discussing writing with strong voice. I was explaining that I could list all of my favourite foods with great descriptors or I could really "explode the moment" of eating one of my favourite foods. By describing the moment that I eat one of them, I can write with a stronger voice. I preceded to describe how I eat a strawberry jelly donut from the Richmond Bakery. You know, the ones covered in granulated sugar, not powder. The ones where you need to plan each bite so you maximize the amount of jelly oozing into your mouth. I talked about how the granulated sugar gets stuck all around your mouth. I told them how if you plan it just right, and get there when the donuts are still warm, you will get a slight crispy layer underneath the sugar and then a warm and doughy layer underneath. I seriously had one student in tears! As a RAK, I felt like I just had to order them each one of these delicacies. I had to have my fun too though. I made them sit there and watch and listen as I ate one and described it while the smell of fresh donuts wafted around them.










5 comments:
Thanks Tiiu that was the best RAK every. We should do that again some time. :) Marian
And how terrible is that to post the donut description AND the photos, with none for the parents?! I'm in tears now!
Oh you can't believe (or maybe you can!) just how much I want a Richmond Bakery jelly donut now!!! Your obvious passion for the good things in life was infectiously talked about and it was very good of you to share it with our kids!!
~ Peter
Hey,
Josephine Chloe Vita and I (Annika)
were making Beaver Tails today. Since we are soooo good at raking we brought some over to Vita's neighbours.They are probably enjoying them as I type.
One family was going to go skating on the Canal but they couldn't because its soooo slushy!!!!!
BUT we saved the day by giving them Beaver Tails in the comfort of their own homes.
From,
THE PROUD R.A.K.ers
PS. If possible please post on the r.a.k. blog, because it didn't work for us. Thanks!
Hey,
It's Chloe and Vita!
Hope all is well with you.
That was so much fun and we
wish we still got to do that in class!
Bye for now,
-Vita and Chloe
Post a Comment