Friday, April 5, 2013

Things That Flip Out

Today for math, please visit this site and try this game. After you've played a bit, come back here and comment on what this game has to do with math.

Bloxorz

Some of you were asking me to post that warm up we did the other day. Here it is:

50 jumping jacks, 5 push ups, 20 crunches, 20 mountain climbers, 30 seconds of plank, 7 burpees. Repeat 2 times.











18 comments:

Aniek said...

It has math in it because you use a certain kind of strategy while playing the game.

Anonymous said...

That game was super fun! It requers a lot of thinking on your part to figure out how the block should move so it can get to the hole! Also those wayne tibaud drwings are looking great! I'M almost done mine.
-Ella

Anonymous said...

oh and the stratagie is logic aniek.
-Ella

Anonymous said...

The game uses math and logic. You have to plan where you are going to go and know how to move in the right spaces.
-Maya W.

Aniek said...

The kind of strategy you need is how you have to think about how to get up to go through. And how you have to count how many blocks are in front of you so you dont fall down.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of a bit of a sot of mathy indie game made from a university called Digipen who make puzzle games.

Gus

Anonymous said...

That game was reaaly fun but tricky at some parts! Its fun to try diffrent stratgies when your playing!

-Olivia

Anonymous said...

It involves math because you have to really focus on what you are doing and the area that the blokes are making!!!
Maya V

Anonymous said...

I think that this is like a maze as in you have to look closly to the blocks on the level and how there placed. I think this is a very hands on game and I like it.

-Austin

Anonymous said...

This games is reaaly frustrating

Anonymous said...

This game has alot of stratgy involed like how you have to be on your side to go on the circle and more its also a good brain warm up. Thank you for showing us this game!



Mathias

Tess said...

I agree Aniek that would pretty much cover my opinion. You have to have a stratigy and really think it through. You also would have to find the right area of blocks to have enough to make your block fit through the right part! :)

Anonymous said...

You have to think about what is in front of you so that you won't fall off and have to start over. You really have to think over where you're going to move. Sort of like chess or checkers!
Sarah

Elizabeth said...

OH my gosh, I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I heard people groan, but I always play this game on Hooda Math! I am so good, I am willing to help people with it until level 9!

P.S: There is some thing called I think Bloxs and Blox 2. Try it! It is exactly like Bloxords.

Anonymous said...

this game is really frustrating ian

Anonymous said...

I think you have to have a strategy and look at the block first before so you don't fall off. I find its almost like a math problem the blocks are the question and your move is the answer.
Kyra :)

Anonymous said...

The game was hard like math is hard - kelly

karim said...

I am so surprised by how many bracelets we got done in all that time. I't really influences me to here that we got all that done but we still have more to go. Karim