Thursday, February 7, 2013

Things That are Average


It was surprising to see how high you were able to stack you pennies!


This person tried to cheat with their stack.













Mikaela's strategy of making smaller piles of ten first.


So, what we found out was that the penny stack were around the high sixties. There was no mode. The median was 66 and the mean was 69.5.
Did you find it helpful to imagine mean like a big pot of soup? Some people are chintzy and only contribute a little bit to the soup (Logan-wink-wink-nudge-nudge) while others contribute a huge whack of pennies. In the end, it doesn't matter because you all it all into the same pot and share the soup equally.
We also looked at how outliers effect our data.



Here you are reflecting on the four art pieces. Let's continue with that tomorrow.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun!!!

-Aniek

Anonymous said...

That art class was really fun!!!
Maya V

Anonymous said...

Today was O.K, but I wouldn't say it was the best day of my life, like any other day. I hope that tomorrow will be better.[=I
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

The penny stacking thing was sooooooo much fun!!!!!
-Olivia

Anonymous said...

I love pennies I want 1966300 pennies.
-Maya W.

Anonymous said...

I do not look good in that picture cause Gus was shaking the table so I was mad because Tiiu was taking a picture.
-Maya W.