Thursday, February 21, 2013

Things That Stop and Go

I'm so proud of you! You did a great job at filming your stop motion movies. I am so excited to see them on the big screen. You should feel great about your work today.

























A big thank you to all of the parents for helping!
 
 
 
I am eager to discuss today's chapter of "When You Reach Me". I think we need to map out exactly what happened so we can all see what we understand and what questions we still have. Until then, I have a question for you:
 
Why do you think the author chose to present all of that information as a numbered list?
 
Next week is "Blues in the Schools" week. We will have theme days to celebrate.
Monday: Dress all in blue
Tuesday: Dress like a Blues Brother
Wednesday: Churchill Tie Dye or School of Rock Shirt or New Sweatshirts!
Thursday: Dress like a Rock, Pop, or Country Star
Friday: Crazy Hat Day
 
 





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the auher but all of that information to tell use maybe what's happening between the characters.

-Jalila

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! The chapter today was AWESOME! I get it all! I can't wait to tell every body my opinion. But I have some questions, too:
1. Why was Marcus crying?
2. How did the mystery writer know that this was all going to happen?
3. WHY DID MARCUS PUNCH SAL FOR NO REASON?!?!??

I also really liked the stop motion that we did today. It was really fun, and I was so surprised that out of all classes, we were the quietest. Every day either Tiiu or another teacher comes in and tells us to be quiet, but that block was so different, not even 1 teacher stepped into the class room (except if they wanted something or to hear the silence of our class).

CAN'T WAIT FOR BLUES IN THE SCHOOLS WEEK!
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I feel grate about the stop motion . I feel it was a lot of fun to work with the people in my group. I think my group did a grate job and I think we are going to be happy about are stop motion when we see it at the end !

-Devyn :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe to show how panicked she was!
Maya V

Anonymous said...

Maybe the authour wrote it like that because she wanted to show us how freaked out Miranda was.

-Olivia

Anonymous said...

I thought that Sal was going to die!!!!! Why was Marcus crying does it have any reason to do with the laughing man dieing????? I was very close to crying but I was in shock!!!!!!

Maya V

Anonymous said...

This book is sooooooooo great but also makes you ask a lot of questions.
-Maya W.

Aniek said...

I think that the numbering was something about time travel and how times can move fast or slow so at points miranda was waiting for it to happen and others she wanted the world to rewind back the past like time travelling.

Maya W. aka (Twirl twirl) :D said...

Maya V and I are going to have the best ties ever.