Today we started by reading this article. We learned a lot from this article (one of which was that this was a poorly edited article). After reading, we practiced figuring out how much things were actually going to cost us now if we choose to pay with cash. What do you think? Do you think retiring the penny is a worthwhile idea?
If you have a pile of pennies that you are willing to bring in to class to work with in math, please bring them in tomorrow.
I like the direction of our entrepeneurial plan. Let's try and set some time aside to discuss it again this week. Please remember to come and see me if you are really not behind what we have discussed so far.
I guess that Quotation Mark Game didn't really work out like I planned. The big idea that I want you to take away is that quotation marks are used in writing to show you what the characters are saying (dialogue). There are a lot of technical rules for how to punctuate with qutoation marks. We will focus on 3-4 of the major rules throughout this week.
Please remember to hand in your Winter Walk to School permission form tomorrow.


7 comments:
I got the quotation marks lesson I found some pretty solid rules.
-Aniek
O.K,2 things:
1. I do NOT think retiring the penny is a "worthwhile" idea.
2. I think we can use the pennies to make the bracelets for the entrepreneurial adventure thing by gluing them on to layers of strings.
Wouldn't that be fun?
-Elizabeth
Thanks Aniek. Tiiu.
Will I get my pennies back? Sarah
Or we could some how attach the pennys on some how and I know a really simple 5 string braid!!!!
Maya V
Maya Velic your idea is great but one thing the pennies would haft to have a hole in them or you would not be able to put them on the string.
-Maya W.
Ya no kidding when you say that
was a poorly edited article,but
it was really fun to read about
how the pennys are not going to be made anymore.
-Ella
Post a Comment