Ok. It is time for us to get serious about our song choice for Rock of Ages. Here are the songs we discussed today. Please take a look and comment on which ones you like and why. If you have more suggestions, add them as well. As always, please check with your parents before following these links. I can't always guarantee about the other content on the site that goes along with the video that I mean for you to see.
Rush: Closer to Heart: Voted Seventies Canadian Rock Anthem!
Feist: 1, 2, 3, 4: A beautiful pop songstress.
Searchlight Competition: CBC competition for new Canadian artists. I have not perused all of these choices yet.
Great Big Sea: Ordinary Day or When I'm Up. Suggested by Maya V. Some great up beat songs.
The Group of Seven: Owen's buddy. Lots of songs about Canada.
Tegan and Sara: See if you can find any appropriate songs by these punky sisters.
Elliott Brood: Andrew's suggestion. Makes you miss your cottage.
David Francey: Kieran's suggestion of some nice folk music.
Arcade Fire: So many great songs. Do you think any of them would be good for us to sing?
Sloan: Check out this song. All about rocking out.
We got a lot done in a very little bit of time for our Bracelet Project. Thank you to Mathias for finding all of our materials in one phone call! Ian has written to Adam and Tanner about a loan and we will wait for them to get back to us. I will teach anyone who wants to be the first wave of people to learn how to make the bracelets tomorrow at first recess. I will also try and go out tonight to pick up the rest of the embroidery floss that we need.





18 comments:
I personally really like Ordinary Day there's one line that I think is really meaningful it goes "just keep your faith your ship will come in its not so bad." Then there's another line the chorus"way hay hay its just an ordinary day and its all your state of mind at the end of the day you just got to say its all right." I think the first part means there are different ways to look at your day because it says and its all your state of mind so you can diced if you want to have fun or not!!!!!
Maya V
Hey Maya. Thank you for your feedback. This is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Not only are you taking the time to demonstrate your learning, but you have obviously put some thought into these lyrics. It's a good song. Perhaps we will take a listen tomorrow. By the way, I just got back from Michaels where I bought more than 100 skeins of different purples and yellows of embroidery floss!
I really think we should do 1,2,3,4 because it has a great meaning like how you should love life and what you have in it.
And it has a great up beat tune with a modern twist.
Are they all different shades of purples and yellows or the same colours that we saw? Im really exited to learn how to make them at first recess!!!!!
Maya V
I think the bracelets look great I cant wait to sell them! ~Ian~
I sooo cant wait to make the bracelet they seem so fun to make.
What about Frozen? by Tegan and Sara? Sarah :)
I really think Fiest would be great but i also like the Group of Seven song. Fiest is a little slow at some points but its catchy and has a sway. The group of Seven's song has more history and refrences to history. So I don't know those are just my two choices. :)
I think that "subarbs" by Arcade
Fire is a really good song during the corus its a little bit tricky
because the octive becomes higher
but its not to hard.Also im pretty sure "feel it in my bones"by tegan
and sara is apropriate for age group to sing but I cant really remember. i love fiest so anything by her is good! And I think the bracelets look really pretty and i
think i could learn how to do them fast!-Ella
I loooovveee 1,2,3,4!!!! I've had that song on my Ipod since I was 7! Sarah
I think we should choose arcade fire as our song because there songs are a lot easier to sing then something like Redwinged Blackbird in redwinged blackbird david francys voice is way to low
for grade 4,5,and sixth graders ~Ian~
My favourite song from the choices is Ordinary day by Great Big Sea.
-Maya W.
I like the song because it talks about how just at the end of the day you may have lost something, you have won and played fairly. It says something not everyone might agree with. You should just be happy on what you have done.
-Maya W.
Tiiu I am really exited about the braclet.
-Maya W.
In Ordinary Day I really like how they say " you may fall but you'll never lie down." I think of that like math it minght be really hard but you wont give up you'll keep trying.
Maya V
Great Big Sea Ordinary Day
1~the students will like the music video
2~it seems like a song a class would sing
#~not to fast not to slow
~Gus~
I love Great big sea~Ordanary day! I love this song because when i was litlle i would listen to this song with my dad on the way to Blue skies. I also love this song because it reminds me of when i would go on roadtrips with my dad. So I vote for GReat big sea~Ordanary day!
~Austin
I like all of the songs but the I think the best one for us would be Ordinary day
-Olivia
Post a Comment